OpenStack private cloud enable HPC facilities to rapidly and flexibly meet varying user demand. However, the boundary-stretching and stringent requirements of HPC present challenges in operating a private cloud.
FishOS overcomes these challenges and has been proven with major operators in HPC, enabling higher efficiency and lower OpEx.
- Traditional HPC environments restrict users’ operating environment, and present a high adoption barrier for new users
- Hardware faults impact long running jobs, forcing users to either restart the computations, or implement laborious and error-prone check-pointing process
- Long running jobs have to be interrupted to allow urgent jobs to run, or require complex error-prone process for job preemption
- With resources being managed statically based on reservation, HPC facility operators face wasted resources and users face longer delay for computation results
- HPC facility operators can only react to reservation abuse and misuse through long consultative process
- FishOS enable HPC facilities to meet wide breadth of user operating requirements, without impacting other users — users have their private environment
- FishOS enable dynamic fault-handling, preserving states of long running computation jobs, without laborious and error-prone checkpointing process
- FishOS enables flexible, reliable job preemption, by dynamically managing computational resources
- FishOS enable higher throughput, by best matching dynamic computational resource requirements to available resources
- FishOS eliminates reservation abuse and misuse by managing resources based on live utilization
Finding out what we can do for you. Get in contact!